So, what does this look like? Well, it's going to look differently depending on your needs, where you are in life, your life's circumstances.
You may find that loving yourself means
- taking a warm bubble bath with your favorite beverage and reading material
- scheduling out massage sessions every month (or every other month or quarterly)
- meeting your good friend for a meal, a drink, or an event in the community (art opening, movie, yoga class)
- hiring someone to help you around the house or with your child(ren) (i.e., mother's helper, babysitter, housecleaner)
- turning a blind eye to the chores around the house while you nap, read, watch your favorite TV show
- buying a new outfit that you absolutely love (don't stress about the size! Buy what fits and feels comfortable!)
- meditating, praying, or spending time in nature
- going to the library and browsing through the books and magazines without meeting anyone else's needs
Happy Valentine's Day! May you be left feeling loved!!